Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Money a spiritual Journey

I know I have discussed money on this blog before but when i read this comment from Jon Giaan Do You Really Have To Be Selfish To Be Rich? , I knew I had to let you know about his different perspective.

Jon believes, and has a compelling argument for, that:
  • Yes, you need to be selfish, and
  • The pursuit of money is actually a spiritual journey.

Many business coaches tell us to pay ourselves first and then 10% to charity. Some even remind us that to help the world we must support ourselves first. Help the poor by not being one.

Now this may not happen overnight (I nearly said won't happen overnight - now that's a limiting belief). But is seems to yet another process of changing our beliefs.

He argues that "Money is neither good nor bad, it simply has the power to reflect who you are."

Now that got me thinking about and deal with money. It is a dirty thing that needs a good clean. Don't laugh. Has your mother ever told you wash you hands after handling money because of all the germs on it? But I don't make dirty deals with money nor do I launder it.

Maybe its all about what we focus on. Is money and the control of money a power we have or has something else got the power i.e. the bank, the government, your partner, your family?

Mmmm looks like I will looking at those hidden beliefs again.

Leona

No comments: