Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

I have just finished reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. I original bought this book as a recommendation from a Christopher Howard teleconference.

But then my 10 year old daughter stole it and read it. She thought it was "OK". My Mother-in-law wants to read it after me.


Now that I have wrestle it out of the hands of my family. I devoured it.


I can understand why people rave about it. It is a lovely easy read, but the depth of meaning is beyond measure.


It has messages within messages. Each time you read this book there will be a new insight for you. As you grow spiritual and emotionally more of the words in this book will mean something.

Originally I was going to hire this book out of the library but as all 4 copies were out and with reserves on them, I decided to buy my own copy.

That was a wise decision. I will be reading it again and again and so will the rest of the family.

If you want a lovely story about pursuing a dream then read the Alchemist, I recommend it.

Leona

2 comments:

drjon said...

I've lent this book to your Father-in-Law, as well.

It's a damned fine piece of work, which I highly recommend. After all, it's only the fool who judges the Art by the Artist.

Leona said...

Thanks Aart and Jon

While I was in hospital I managed to read "The Devil and Miss Pym" about Temptation. This did not capitvate me as much but it was still a good read.

Leona